I love you, sweetheart :)

Friday, August 6, 2010

50 DAYS TO GO!!!

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! IT'S SO CLOSE I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT!!!

:)

Okay...time to calm down again.

and then GET ALL EXCITED AGAIN BECAUSE MY DRESS IS HERE AND I GOT TO PUT IT ON FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!

:)

and bringin it back down...

but seriously. I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 7 WEEKS!!!!!!

:)

Anyway, back to the dress. So today, I went to our local bridal boutique to try on my dress. I'm not going to lie, I picked this dress out without looking at any other dresses. I was looking for a specific dress I saw in a dream so my eyes completely passed over every other dress I saw until I found this one. Very hasty decision. AND THEN I decide after the dress is already ordered and the first half is already paid, that I regret getting the dress and that I wish I would have gone for a more form fitting dress with lace. I felt so terrible :( There was a night when Mike and I were laying on the couch and I just started crying because I didn't like my dress but I couldn't change the order because my parents were paying for it and they wouldn't get the first half of the money back and it would be a hassle. I thought I was going to have to wear a dress I didn't like just to make things easier for everyone else.

I felt so bad.

But slowly, I began to picture the wedding day. Picture me in my dress. Walking up the aisle. Dancing with Mike. Slowly, I began to realize that the day wasn't all about the dress. So I put the feelings aside and sucked it up.

And then I got the call last week that my dress was here. I got the appointment for today and met up there with my aunt and granny (mom and sister are at work) and I tried on my dress. Just a little side note: The floor samples that I had tried on prior to ordering my dress were sizes 10 and 14. I'm a size 4. So that prolly added to the uneasiness. But today I got to try on the dress again in the right size and let me tell you, as soon as I saw myself in my dress. MY dress. All doubt, all worry, all second thoughts left me. I fell absolutely head over heels for it again :) YAAAAY!!!


and I would show pictures....but I can't risk Mike seeing them. But you will definitely see it at the wedding...which is IN 50 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment