I love you, sweetheart :)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flower Power

I'm sure that's never been used before.

I'm not going to lie, when I first started planning the wedding, flowers were prolly the last things on my mind. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers, I think they are beautiful, I was just more focused on other things. The dress, the decorations, THE GROOM!! :) Plus, flowers are so temporary. Most cost a lot of money, then within a couple days they are wilted, dried out or just plain dead.

My sister had us bridesmaids carry fake flowers and I liked that idea. The calla lilies looked great, didn't even look fake. So, I went to the website my sister went to (bloomedtolast.com) and emailed the woman with a picture of the bouquet I wanted. She emailed back quickly and gave me a quote. For my bouquet and my five bridesmaids bouquets it would be around 220 dollars. Hmm...okay. I also checked out another website Afloral.com. They sold wholesale silk flowers so we bought a bunch for centerpieces. They just got here the other day and I was pleasantly pleased with what I saw. I even made a few mock ups for you to see :)





I also used afloral for the flowers for the boutonnieres and corsages. I spent about four hours making them last night :P


(I don't know why it uploaded sideways)
Anyway, the mini sunflowers are for the parents and grandparents, the regular sunflowers for the groomsmen and the anemone for mike.

Even though they looked a little fake, I didn't mind. As long as my bouquets didn't look bad.

Then I got the sample kit from bloomedtolast...





hmm don't those look familiar. Bloomedtolast get their flowers from afloral......yikes.

And so I've decided that I'm not going to go with bloomedtolast, but rather have real flowers for the bouquets. I'm hoping to find a local florist that can recreate my bouquet.

In case you were wondering, here's what I want..



I'm not sure what will be in season and if we can maybe substitute some flowers for others that are in season. If not, I'll just have to think of something else.

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment