I love you, sweetheart :)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Invites

Two days ago Mike and I found ourselves in an empty house all day. Why, you ask? Because the rest of my family (parents, sister and her hubby, aunt and uncle and my grandparents) went to see Cirque Du Sole (sp?)

I'm still jealous.

Anyway, so since we didn't really have anything to do on this lazy Sunday afternoon, we began browsing the interwebz for possible invitation ideas. After about....half an hour or so we stumbled across this awesome creation.




We both loved how it basically told the story of how they met and their relationship all the way up to the wedding.

So with diet cokes and omelets in hand we began constructing the masterpiece that would be our invites.




see how excited he was?


About 5 hours into it my family came home and we listened to my parents talk about how awesome the show was (grr.)

But at least we weren't totally left out. They did get us each a gift.





After everything settled down again, we got back to work.

And 2 hours later (a total of 7 hours) we had our finished (rough draft) invitations.

But you only get a sneak peak.






So there's the rough copy. :) Both of us are very happy with the result. Mike just impresses me more and more with his skills.

When we do actually send these out to print, get them back and decide to start addressing them and whatnot, we will be having an assembly line type thing and I've already recruited a couple people :)

1 comment:

  1. Where did you go to design your invtaions (there awsom). My future hubby and I are looking for something kinda like this, but to be honest we are not very crafty to find the right web page to create them.. If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate

    Thanks,

    Jennae

    ReplyDelete