I love you, sweetheart :)

Saturday, April 24, 2010

DIY project dos.

So I had a couple different ideas of what I want my hair to look like for the wedding. All of them included flowers in some way, shape or form.

I thought about having a crown of flowers.




or a few small flowers scattered around my hair





and finally I thought about doing what Sam did for her wedding with just the one flower pinned on the side.

(me in Sam's wedding)



I was kind of leaning away from the last choice since Sam had already done it. But then I asked Mike's opinion and he said that, out of three, he really liked the simplicity of one flower. So, I'm going the third choice. It is for him after all :)

So I went on Etsy.com to look at hair flower fascinators. With yellow unofficially (well, I guess now officially) being one of our colors, Mike and I thought it would be cool for me to have a yellow flower in my hair and my bridesmaids to have white. After looking for a while on Etsy and not really finding anything, a light bulb went off in my head. I could make these flowers very special and just make them myself! I mean, the vendors on Etsy did. So why can't I? Plus, I've seen so so many posts on the many blogs I follow with DIY instructions on how to make your own hair flower.

And so, after work, I headed over to Michael's and spent (I kid you not) 40 flippin minutes picking out beads and flowers (five white and one yellow). I swear I'm the most indecisive person on the planet.

So, without further ado...my DIY hair flowers :)
sorry for the bad quality. I had to use my cellphone :P

these are my supplies




(the beads that took me half an hour to decide on :P)




I took the flower apart then began sewing the petals back together adding beads every so often.




I hot-glued a silver clip on the back and voila! er however you spell it.




BUT! It was a bit too floppy for me. I think I'm going to at least buy my flower off Etsy...anyway moving on.


I didn't take pictures while making my bridesmaids flowers, but I got two done and I like how they turned out.



And that is how the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment