I love you, sweetheart :)

Monday, May 3, 2010

Tea Time: DIY project numba three

For my sister's wedding favors she ordered a buttload of orange MS bracelets in honor of our grampa who died just a couple years back of MS. I've heard of other people doing little treat bags or like keychains or something but for our wedding, I really wanted something different.

One day I was just kind of surfing the web when I came across this really cute idea for favors. Personalized tea bags :) I love tea, and Mike, his parents being southerners, drinks tea (iced tea) all the time so this was a great idea (in my opinion). That was about three months ago...

FINALLY!! yesterday, Mike and I were bored and just kinda browsing around Walmart (while waiting for some film to develop) we started looking at stuff for our wedding and future apartment. We totally bought towels :) Anyway, the idea struck me to look and see how much tea bags would cost. I figured we would need about 350 or so. Sure enough there were giant 100 pack boxes of Lipton tea. So we bought four. Then we went to Michaels (fail) and then Joannes (much better) and got a couple pieces of purple and yellow paper. We headed back to my house, where we started creating a template.

My uncle's birthday party was last night so we had to cut our designing time short and head over to my gramparents' house. I brought the tea bags, glue gun, paper, flash drive with template, and...I think that's it.

So after dinner and after we got the templates done and printed (and after going BACK home to get the paper cutter and MORE PAPER!) I recruited the wonderful ladies in my wonderful family (as well as my wonderful fiance) and we got an assembly line going.





My mom and Aunt Teresa worked on taking the lipton paper tags off each teabag so my gramma and I could glue our new ones on.




My gramma and I were in charge of the hot glue guns.




Aren't they cute?!

After a while, Mike told me to just start putting the teabags back in the boxes and he took over my job of hotglueing (it also might have had something to do with the fact that I kept burning myself)



He's such a goof.




And also CONGRATULATIONS TO MY BROTHER AND NEW FUTURE-SISTER-IN-LAW! I love you both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment