I love you, sweetheart :)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And now introducing...

THE LOVELY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why I'm just now deciding to post this but, I am...so just go along with it.

Before Mike proposed to me I already had my bridesmaids picked out. Actually I had them picked out like....halfway through last year :P I know, I know. Give me a break, I'm a girl.

So, first up. My matron of honor, and big sister

Sam



She has already been a really big help to me during my wedding planning :) Even before Mike proposed, she was sending me awesome pictures as inspiration for my wedding :P She really has become one of my best friends over the past couple of years and I can't wait to have her by my side on my wedding day :)


Maid of honor
Jenny



Jenny and I have been best friends for about six or seven years (I don't even remember, Jenny!) I know that our friendship is strong because we have been with each other through some of the hardest and craziest times of our lives. From deaths in the family to break ups and everything in between. And, as far as I can remember, we never got into an argument that couldn't be settled in a matter of minutes. That's what I love about her :) and the fact that she is seriously one of the most selfless people I know.


NEXT UP!!

Bridesmaid
Sarah :)



This is Mike's GORGEOUS sister :) She's pretty freakin amazing :) Her laugh is contagious and her heart for worship is inspiring to me. I love her and I can't WAIT for her to be my sister :)


Bridesmaid
Madison



My emo muffin :) Madison and I became friends in tenth grade and by twelfth grade, she had become one of my really close friends. Her brother too but this isn't about him. She seriously is one of the funniest people I know and I LOVE HER TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Madison, on my wedding day you gotta rock your pageant smile haha.


Bridesmaid
Abby

Here's where things get a little complicated.



Abby's story is similar to Madison's. We met in tenth grade and grew closer as the years went by. She is so supportive and has the sweetest and strongest heart for God. In saying this, she went on a mission trip to Haiti a couple months ago and absolutely fell in love with the place. She informed me that she was hoping to go back this Summer, but would be back in time for my wedding. I was very excited for her :) Then yesterday she told me that she had gotten an email from the mission basically saying "see you this Summer!" So she gets to go! But, she said to me, that if it's possible, she feels that she should stay there longer. If that happens, she would have to miss my wedding. At first I got sad but then I thought about it. Would I rather her standing with me or helping people that really need it right now. So I told her, if she feels she needs to be there, that's where she needs to be. She told me, to go ahead and get another bridesmaid, because even if she can't stay there longer, she doesn't want me to have to wait for a month before she's able to find out. So thank you so much, Abby. I love you and if you can be here, I still want you to be a part of my wedding in some way.

Which brings me to my surprise fifth bridesmaid.

THE LOVELY KATIE HADALLER!!!!



When Tim met this girl, it wasn't hard to figure out that the two of them would get together. I absolutely love her by the way. After Mike proposed to me, Time and Katie had been dating for two months...I think. And I had already figured out my bridesmaids otherwise Katie would have been a part of it right off the bat. Then when I got the news from Abby, I immediately texted Katie and popped the question (so to speak) and she said she'd love to be my bridesmaid :)
I can't say enough how blessed I am that Katie has become a part of this family. It feels like she has been here all along! She's so friendly and genuinely cares about people. And I can't WAIT for her to be my legal sister :) cuz right now she's my sister, the law just doesn't know it yet haha.


So there you have it. The dream team. Shannon's angels. My bridesmaids :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh!--You are so sweet! I could not have dreamed of a better family to be a part of. When we first met, you immediately made me feel welcome and absolutely loved! Since the beginning, you have been, and continue to be, very encouraging to Tim & I. And I can never thank you enough! "Marry her". Good call, dude. I'm SO looking forward to you and Mikey's big party and can't wait to help you celebrate!

    I was sorry to hear that your good friend could not be in the wedding, but very honored that you would have me. I love you & am so blessed by you, my beautiful sister!

    - Kate

    ReplyDelete