I love you, sweetheart :)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day of Accessories

I suppose a lot of brides spend their entire engagement looking for just the right shoes, or the perfect necklace that will compliment the dress, or those perfect earrings. For me? When I dress up, I would rather me in the dress be the focal point and not a blingy necklace and giant earrings. That's just me. Some girls can totally pull that kind of thing off.

It's just not a mandatory thing to me.

Heck, in eleventh grade I rocked my pink fuzzy slippers to our winter formal and I was wearing this bombshell of a dress :)



But no one would have ever guessed.

And as you can see, I didn't pair it with some big necklace. I have a piece of black ribbon tied around my neck. That was the gist of my accessories for the night. (As well as my awesome purple extensions.)

But then I've never been a big accessories kind of person.

I have four piercings in my ears and I barely ever wear earrings. The only rings I wear are my purity rings, engagement ring and ring from my dad. And I wear this beautiful heart necklace that Mike got me for my birthday last year. Really, I only wear things because of the sentimental value.

And so, on my wedding day, I'm taking the all-natural approach :) For the most part. I suppose I'll be a bit more dressy than normal.

Apart from the giant white dress I'll be wearing, my accessories will be limited.

Obviously, I'll be wearing my engagement ring, but my other rings will be safely at home in a jewelry box or something.

For the sole reason of not wanting to have gaping holes in my ears (I used to have my first holes gauged so they are slightly bigger than the other ones) I will be wearing these adorable little gems



Okay so there aren't really any gems in them...but they are cute aren't they? I spent about five dollars. At Claires. Big spender, I know.

I just couldn't bring myself to buy some hundred dollar pair of earrings that I'll maybe wear once or twice a year.


And I'm still debating on if I want to wear my heart necklace from Mike.


It's absolutely beautiful and I love how it looks on, but I also love the look of not wearing any necklace. I'm still not sure. I'll see what Mike thinks.

When it comes to shoes, I'm going to wear the best kind out there. And they're completely free! 100% organic, with the cutest little embellishments.

My feet :)

Yup, I'm gonna be a barefoot bride. So I'm hoping that no sticks or pokey plants or bees try to get in my way. Cuz I don't want to be stumbling down the aisle.

Like I said, I love the natural look. Hair down, not much makeup (if there is any, it's to enhance the bride's natural beauty) I'd even go so far as to say that I want to be a hippie bride :)



Just kidding. I don't think Mike would go for that.

Here's what I want hair wise.











So there you go. I guess that kind of gives you the idea of what kind of bride I am. Or something like that.

Though it will take about three cans of hairspray to make my hair look anything close to those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment