I love you, sweetheart :)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Do you wanna get married? Or run away...

Don't worry. I'm only quoting a Goo Goo Dolls song. Speaking of Goo Goo Dolls. Guess what Mike bought me for my birthday...

TICKETS TO SEE GOO GOO DOLLS LIVE IN KENNEWICK!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!!

That being said, Sunday, Mike and I went on a roadtrip to Idaho. Why, you ask? To get potatoes of course! And on the way back we stopped at the Goo Goo Dolls concert :)

I'm sure you're just DYING to hear all about it and see some pictures so, I will put an end to your suffering and go ahead and give you what you want.

We got up at 7 in the morning. Mike came and got me from my aunt and uncle's house where I was house sitting. We packed the cooler full of energy drinks and pb&j and headed for Idaho.


The cooler being guarded by our trusty cow friend.


About five minutes into the roadtrip, we realized the blinkers weren't working. So we had to pull off of the freeway and figure out what was wrong. Turns out the hazard lights button was on, so even though my hazard lights don't work, if the button is pushed, the blinkers don't work. Good to know.

Back on the road.


There was still snow up on White Pass. IN MAY!


My ipod died in Idaho and we still had the WHOLE trip home :P


These things were GINORMOUS!!!! I mean, look at the little itty bitty car!


We found the sunshine in eastern Washington :) That's where it's been hiding.


Even though we had like six pb&j sandwiches, we stopped here to get some good ol fashioned fast food.


Fluffy :)


and we MADE IT TO IDAHO!!


Land of the giant feathers...?


love love


Coeur D'Alene was a really pretty town. They even had a beach on the lake.





We had made it to Idaho by 3:16 that afternoon.


Mike won me a dolphin out of one of those fifty cent grabbers. And it only cost him a dollar fifty!


WE GOT TE POTATOEZ!


On the way to the concert I slept....surprise.


yay :)


Bigger Yay!





After the concert, Mike and I found a rest stop and made chicken burgers :)
It was around midnight.


By this point, Mike had been driving almost eighteen hours, I was asleep, and he was trying to stay awake.


It didn't help that we hydroplaned most of the way home :P


So there you go. Our awesome 19 hour roadtrip. We prolly won't be having one again until after the wedding and when we've been able to save up some money.

3 months, 23 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes and 40 seconds. 39 seconds. 38 seconds...


This roadtrip was my favorite by far. I so love spending time with Mike :) and being able to make these kinds of memories is a blessing to me :)

Enjoy your week!
And to those of you whose houses we visited last night, enjoy your potato :)

No comments:

Post a Comment