I love you, sweetheart :)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

to DIY Four: Our Cardbox

To DIY Four....like to die for...but DIY...and the number four....

I THOUGHT IT WAS CLEVER!!


Anyway, so as you can see, this post is all about our cardbox and how FREAKIN AWESOME IT IS!!!

I'll start from the beginning..

Mike and I were at Intermission last night (you know, the place it all began) and I was on the computer just quickly checking my google reader when I came across this rad cardbox idea from Offbeatbride.com.





Mike saw this and was like "We have to make this!"

And so, we left Intermission and went to Lowes to buy a mailbox.

very similar to this one here.




Then it was off to Walmart where we bought the rest of the supplies:

- a black fuzzy pillow
- styrofoam balls
- white cardstock


We had to stop at safeway to get a record-your-own-message card. I'll explain that a little later.

And then we got to work.




I ripped the black pillow apart so we could use the material to cover the mailbox.



The mailbox covered in fur.



I sewed parts of the pillow back together to create two arms and then we stuffed them with the stuffing from the pillow and put hanger wire in so they could be bendable.



Mike cut out the teeth and painted the eyes.






The finished product...almost.

And this is what it does when you open it.




I have to say I'm pretty impressed and proud of our mad skillz. :)

I just hope it doesn't scare the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment