I love you, sweetheart :)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Ring(s)

I've always thought that the idea of the promise ring was a cute idea. It's like a pre-engagement engagement ring. A ring to wear when you two know that right now you are too young to get married, but you know you want to get married, and that says I'M IN LOVE, I'M IN LOVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT! (anyone get the Elf reference?)

So, anyway, a loooonng time ago. Like last April (as in last year in April) Mike mentioned that he didn't really get promise rings. He had the same idea I did about it being a pre-engagement engagement ring, he just thought it was kinda pointless instead of romantic like I thought. Hmmm. I didn't really mind that much. I just wouldn't be one of those girls with a promise ring.

Then our six-month anniversary rolled around.

Mike and I were driving somewhere. I don't really remember...OH WAIT! Yes I do :) We were going to blockbuster to buy my brother his birthday present. A giant movie poster for the Boondock Saints. Great movie, by the way.

Anyway, so actually, when we first got in the car to leave, Mike reached into his middle console and pulled out a ring box. He smiled and said "Happy 6 months." and opened it to reveal this very sweet present.



In case you can't see it, the outside says "True love waits" and the inside says "Mike & Shay"

Isn't he wonderful? And so, I had a promise ring. Mike says "No, it's a purity ring". I say that if a guy buys a girl a ring with their names engraved inside, it's a promise ring. So I just call it my promise/purity ring.

I love that it wasn't anything blingy, like an engagement ring. It was very sweet and simple.


Then at the one year and thirteen day mark, I got my second ring.




But you all know that story :)

Ironically, on the Fred Meyer Jewelers website, this ring is called a promise ring. COINCIDENCE! haha


So, now, onto the third ring.

My wedding ring.

Mike and I originally decided that my engagement ring would just double as my wedding ring. But the more I thought about it, and the more I saw pictures like these:









Just kidding about the last one. THOSE RINGS ARE GINORMOUS!


Anyway, I really love the look of the two rings together.

And so, I started looking at options for the wedding band.

As you can tell by the picture of my engagement ring, where the diamond sits is kind of a unique shape. it curves up and down and in an out...my point is, there aren't really any rings that would fit perfectly with my ring. I'm actually completely fine with that.

So here are the rings I've been looking at:






I've never been a blingy person, but I don't really think these are blingy rings. I love the look of diamonds all the way around. And the amazing thing is, these rings are pretty inexpensive. I haven't really talked to Mike about them yet, but my ringed fingers are crossed :)


So for the record, I still wear my promise ring.



There it is on my right hand along with the ring my Dad gave me, and the purity ring I wore before he gave me my promise/purity ring.



And there's the beauty on my left hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment