I love you, sweetheart :)

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our Soudtrack

I thought I would let all my readers (if there are that many) know the song list for the day.

First the ceremony:

Our processional will walk in to "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham



This song, in my opinion, is the perfect mood for our outside wedding :) And it gives me chills just listening to it. Not to mention all these songs now get me a bit emotional whenever I hear them because of what they mean (our wedding day)


The song I am walking down the aisle to is a song that Mike wrote for me for our first Valentines Day. It is called "For Lost Sleep". It was meant to be a lullaby to help me because I had trouble falling asleep at night. Those of you who haven't already heard it, will not be hearing it until I'm walking down the aisle. I want everyone to get the full effect and I'm almost completely positive that all eyes will be filled with tears by this point. It truly is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

While we sign our marriage certificate, pray and do the unity sand, the song "I Have and I Always Will" by Dave Barnes will play. It is a duet between and bride and groom on their wedding day.




And then when Mike and I are leaving again, we will be exiting to a different part of the song he wrote for me. A pretty awesome remake of it with an intense build up but, once again I must inform you, you have to wait until the day of :)


On to the reception:

I don't really think there will be a song to announce us. First, because our DJ won't be coming until an hour into the reception, and second, because the reception is like...100 yards away from the ceremony. So we're prolly going to go straight there.

and so...

The bouquet toss and garter toss songs are still toss ups....okay I know that was lame. But anyway, moving on.

Mike's and my first dance :)

We will be dancing our first dance to "You and Me" by Lifehouse. This song has been significant in our relationship since like....week 2 when we both heard it and were like "best love song ever!". It became his ringtone and he covered it and gave me a cd with that and the song he wrote for me :) and we also danced to it at my sister's reception and it brought tears to my eyes.



and I know that this may be a somewhat popular song for a first dance, actually I didn't know that until Mike told me that his best friend, Kyle, who is getting married next month, is dancing with his bride-to-be to that song. I hope they don't think we're trying to steal it :P


My Dad and I will then be dancing to, I'm sure you've all heard it on Tarzan, "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins. I just so absolutely love this song :)




I'm not sure yet what Mike wants to dance to with his mother. I'm not even sure if they have talked about it. But when we figure out a song I will let you know.


My grandpa and I will be dancing together as well. He has been a very important role model in my life. Him and I have always had a very special bond, being exactly fifty years apart. So I really wanted to honor him with a dance. We'll be dancing to "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett



A funny story: when I was looking for a song for the two of us to dance to, I stumbled across this one. I wasn't sure if grampa had ever heard it so I asked him on facebook if he had ever heard of "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett. He responded by telling me that it was one of his favorites and he listens to it every night after gramma goes to bed. What are the odds?!



I'm not sure what song will play when we cut our cake. There are a few that we have yet to figure out, but you get the gist of it.

Whenever I listen to these songs, I can't help but close my eyes and imagine our magical day. And it always makes me smile and get tears in my eyes.

only 104 days :) We'll soon be hitting the double digits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment